Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hawks and Vegas

My sister was in Vegas this past weekend. And that usually means texts from me to place a bet of some sort. This time it focused on the Seahawks. Vegas doesn’t believe they will win the NFC West. Vegas doesn’t really believe they can be a .500 team. Vegas is wrong my friends.

Note here: I said this many times in my life. Many times. Rarely have I been right. In fact, Vegas likes to punch me in the nuts and yell “Nice!” like Mike Tyson in the Hangover after I wonder to myself why?

Vegas puts the over/under on Seahawk wins this year at 8. I wanted 7.5 but sending my

sister to find that seemed unnecessary. So $50 went down on the over. (I wanted to bet $100 but lessened it after feeling pressure from the wife which really just shows how much I suck).

Why will the Hawks beat these Vegas odds? It starts with health. It continues with free agents and it ends with Aaron Curry.

I will detail all these things in the days to come and explain to you why the Hawks will win more than eight games.

No comments: