Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Oden's Seattle Knowledge

Draftexpress.com interviewed Greg Oden on a variety of topics. When they approached the possibility of him playing in Seattle, Oden responded with this.

I was just watching ‘He Got Game’ yesterday with Ray Allen. You know what? Seattle was a team, that every time I saw them play they were beating good teams. I don’t know how they didn’t make the playoffs. When it came up I was like ‘they didn’t make the playoffs?’ They were a team when you see them on TV, the arena is sold out and the fans were going crazy. I know it rains in both places, so wherever I go, I need to get a raincoat!

Hmm, Greg. I am not sure you got your facts straight.

1. Good teams don't go 31-51.
2. You apparently think the Sonics were in the movie 'He Got Game'. Do you know that is fictional?
3. By seeing them on TV, do you mean one of the eight times they appeared on national television last season (three of which were on NBA TV)?
4. Oh and by beating good teams, you must mean the Sonics 10-36 record against teams that made the playoffs this season. That includes a stellar 2-9 mark against the four conference finalists.
5. Yes, and of course you meant not sold out when you said sold out arena with crazy fans. As you know Gregory, the Sonics averaged 15,955 fans per game, good for 25th in the league.

Can't wait to see you in person. Thanks for doing some good research.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In addition to being 53 years old Greg Oden is apparently dumb, too.