Friday, May 4, 2007

Warriors-Mavs

I decided to watch the spring league game of my own basketball team at Prep rather than watch Game 6 between the Mavericks and the Warriors.
This was a good decision for one reason only:

I would have been flipping between channels and saw the Mariners lose to the Red Sox in the eighth on a Manny home run in which he apparently did not start running to first base until the ball had already landed. Pretty sure I would have broken my television.
I only have a few thoughts on the game and series that I mostly did not watch.

1. This has been beaten to death, but Avery Johnson clearly made a mistake changing his line up. In fact, in the one game I did watch, Diop did very well.

2. The Mavericks didn't seem to really care. I know everyone annointed Avery this great coach, but shouldn't he be able to get them to play harder? Have they already tuned him out?

3. Stephen Jackson might be crazy, (I say might be because what if he reads this blog and finds my home address? Oh god, if he is reading right now I am in trouble. Let's hope he doesn't know how to read in parentheses) but he helps win games. He won a title with the Spurs and was on a two-time playoff team in Indiana. You know, before he starting beating people down in the stands.
4. Baron Davis. Wow. Did you know that in his eight seasons, the Baron's teams have made the playoffs six times? And this is with Charlotte/New Orleans and Golden State. Additionally his averages go up in the playoffs. 19.1 points, 4.8 rebounds, 6.3 assists, and 2.3 steals per game. He is awesome.

5. Dirk completely blew it. Seriously, 2 of 13 from the field in a deciding game? 8 points. Unbelievable. But maybe Dana figured it out. As the game ended she turns to me and says, "Maybe the Jackson guy told Dirk he was going to slit his throat or they call him a Nazi or something".

(I wouldn't put it past him).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the Baron go against Gilbert Arenas when they are both healthy in the playoffs.

Might be the only matchup in today's NBA that could top Bron Bron vs. Arenas last year.

Anonymous said...

Warriors-Cavs Finals, yo. I'm calling it right now. I can't wait. I'm going to wear a We Believe T-shirt every day of the series. And I'm going to offer Step-Jack a tour of East 99th and St. Clair, where Bone Thugs laid its shit down. Holla.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should also show him where Drew Carey hangs out?